Mold and Anti-microbial fogging will inhibit the growth of mold spores and dust mites from growing in your ductwork. This is an environmentally safe solution, commonly used in hospitals and nursing homes.
A small air-fogger is used to introduce an anti-microbial mixture into the HVAC duct system which sanitizes germs, bacteria and fungus. We offer a 100% All-Natural Botanical Anti-Microbial as well as EPA-registered chemicals specifically for use in ductwork systems that do not require the evacuation of family members and pets from the occupied space while the fogger is being used. Antimicrobial fogging is a service that provides real benefits to you and your family.
Read what the EPA has to say about Mold in your home.
Just four words neatly summarize what has to be done in effective and safe mold removal, mold remediation, mold mitigation, and mold abatement: CONTAIN, KILL, REMOVE, and PROTECT.
- CONTAIN the mold from spreading into uncontaminated areas;
- KILL the mold;
- REMOVE the dead mold; and
- PROTECT the area against future mold infestations.
Frequent Causes of Mold Growth
- Basement flooding and water intrusion
- Closeness to lake, river, or ocean
- Clothes dryer exhausting into walls or attic
- Construction defects + poor workmanship
- Crawl space
- Dryer venting into walls or attic
- Exhaust fans venting into walls or attic
- Firewood indoors
- Lot grading downward to home
- High indoor humidity [60%+]
- Humidifiers & vaporizers
- Inadequate ventilation
- Indoor plants
- Overflow from tubs, showers, sinks, & toilets
- Landscaping mistakes like mulch & plant glut
- Leaky roof
- Venting inadequacies in kitchen & bathrooms
- Sewage pipe leaks
- Siding water leaks
- Water supply pipe leaks
- Wooded setting keeps out sun
- Wet clothes
Texas—Rotobrush® International LLC, the market leader in air duct cleaning, now offers antimicrobial brushes for air duct cleaning. The brushes are available in four to 24 inches with options for soft and stiff bristles. They are treated with an EPA registered antimicrobial agent. This agent preserves them and prevents odor, discoloration, staining, deterioration or corrosion of the bristles, which can be caused by fungi, mold and mildew.